Saturday, March 13, 2010

Week 9 Instant Messaging

For some reason I did not like using Meebo. It just didn't seem confortable to me, but I'm not sure why. I do IM on facebook and keep up with my family, friends, and co-workers. It has come in handy a time or when the girls at work have a question and it is my day off.
I started IM long ago when I was in college with ICQ. It was great at that time because no one had heard of cell phones yet, and long distance phone calls were a luxury a college student couldn't afford. I was able to chat with my mom on occasion and at least stay in touch. It had a neat feature where you could record a message and send it. My kids sang happy birthday to my grandma and we sent it. She was tickled! I love that memory!
I think IM has great uses for many people. It's just a matter of finding out how to fit it into your life, whether it be for work or pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment