Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cloud Computing

I love the idea of creating my summer reading brochure and calendar on google docs and google calendar, and then making them available for the schools to access. This will make sharing the information with the kids so much faster and easier. I think we can even link it to our website so that kids (and parents) will have access to it anytime.
We use google calendar in our library to book our meeting room. All staff has access to it including our administrative office. This is a big improvement over our paper binder we had before. No more running to the front desk to look at the calendar before you book the room.
Outside of work I can see using Google docs with my family to work on our family history. We each will be able to imput information we find without having to email it back and forth and burden one person with compiling all the data.

I shared a document with several other librarians, where we just introduced ourselves and told a little bit about our jobs. If we were supossed to link that here, I didn't get it done, but I did do it!!!!! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment